FAIRFIELD U.S.D. 310
Abbyville - Arlington - Langdon - Plevna - Sylvia - Turon
Bond Issue Improvements
Bond Issue Information
Election - November 8, 2016
Expanded and Updated Kitchen and Cafeteria Space, and Secure Entry Vestibule
• There are currently 315 students in our district. This has remained consistent for the last five years.
• Our grade sizes have grown in the elementary classes specifically during that time.
• We are projecting to have the same consistent enrollment through 2020 due to our growth in the elementary grades.
• Our increasing enrollment, particularly at the elementary level, having housed all grade levels on the same campus for eight years, and the age of the current facilities along with the temporary modular classrooms space have led to the discus- sion of having new, permanent space added to accommodate the needs of the students.
• Our primary elementary students of Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten have their classrooms in the modular. They have to walk back and forth between those buildings and the main building for gym, lunch, art, music, computer lab, library, etc. several times a day. High school students also have classes in the east modular. This poses a significant safety and security issue because doors must remain open to accommodate for all of the passing students from building to building.
• Our current safe room is not adequate to house everyone on campus in the event of a major weather event.
• Lunch has to start at 10:40 to serve all students and give them the proper time to eat.
• The current gym is used constantly, so elementary PE classes are shortened to accommodate all grade levels.
• Tutoring, Special Education individual attention, and small group instruction happen in closets and hallways.
• Classrooms are scattered throughout the building. There are elementary classes located in the high school part of the building.
New Multi-Purpose Gymnasium/Classroom Addition with Weight Room and Locker. Rooms Which Also Serve As Safe Rooms.